Sunday, August 19, 2012

To BC or not? A personal choice

TO BC or Not

Ok I don't understand why everyone is so hung up on if a person with natural hair did a big chop (BC) or not.  I never BC'd.  I didn't feel that I needed to.  I got my last relaxer in 2009.  Its now 2012.  I think I have done ok.  I didn't wake up one morning and decide to go natural.  It happened out of frustration in finding a stylist that could do my hair without it trying to make my hair supper straight and ending up breaking it off. Not everyone that is a stylist has what my granny would call "growing hands" and, as I found out, most have preconceived notions on how YOUR hair should look. I searched high and low for a stylist that I clicked with for over 3 years to no avail. And so my natural hair journey began in 2009. I didn't do a BC. I just never got another chemical service and have just trimmed my ends as I went along. I have tried a host of products and went to several Natural Hair shows. I watch A LOT of Youtube videos and read blogs and forums about natural haircare and styles. I am always surprised at how somme bloggers and forum comments are negative towards women who did not BC. These people need to have several seats _/ and get a grip. Who appointed you the Natural Hair police? These hair nazis are too funny. My bad that. I made a PERSONAL CHOICE and did not BC. I obviously did not get the memo or contract that stated to be a TRUE NATURAL you had to do a BC. I just find it funny that people can think it is ok to tell someone how they are supposed to travel their hair journey.I am very happy with my decision and hope that others will se past the drama and cattiness that goes on and embrace whatever decision they make. After all it is theirs to make!



No comments:

Post a Comment